Machine Operator (Part time)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Horton Holding Inc.
Machine Operator (Part time)
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Part-Time
# of Openings: 5
Oconee County, SC
Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for a 3rd shift Park Time Machine Operator to work in our Westminster, SC location.
Position Information: This Machine Operator position reports directly to the Facility Lead and must work in coordination with co-workers to be effective. This position is primarily responsible for the production of quality product by operating different types of machinery to assemble product .
1. Will be expected to be able to perform daily tasks.
1.1 Read and follow instructions on routings and work instructions for each job.
1.2 Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assembly, parts and any other items needed. Contacts material handler or Production Lead and Area Manager if shortages exist.
1.3 Complete all departmental paperwork, such as routings, assembly tickets, downtime tracking sheets, production status sheets and daily checklists. Communicate questions and problems to Lead or Area Manager
1.4 Assemble product as instructed on work instructions or routings.
1.5 Responsible for the safe operation of machinery used for pre-assembly components. Machinery may vary from hand tools to large stamping or molding presses as determined by area.
1.6 Perform frequent quality checks as directed by management or a Quality Representative. May be required to use quality inspection tools such as gauges, micrometers and/or calipers. Continuously inspect part quality.
1.7 Relay all information about current job to oncoming shift.
1.8 Maintain production rate on each job.
2. Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and blueprint specifications. Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
3. Verifies quality specifications by measuring completed component/product. Will be responsible for the operation and set-up of all simple and complex machines within their assigned area.
4. Ensure data accuracy before transacting in inventory system. Elevate issues or suspected discrepancies to management.
5. Will be required to fill in as Operator in other departments as directed/rotated.
6. Train new operators when assigned.
7. Practice 6S and maintain clean and safe work areas at all times.
8. Other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
Previous relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus. Must be able to work 3rd shift and have reliable transportation. Attention to detail is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work well in a group and individually. Some degree of mechanical aptitude may be required.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto .
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE . Veterans/Disabled
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at .
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans