Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by The Loving Group
Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING () are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of Lead Mechanic is open within our landscape operations division located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to the Director of Field Operations and will be responsible for general maintenance on all operational equipment and vehicles.
This position is expected to work shifts from Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
This position is a salaried/exempt position with compensation commensurate with experience.
- Maintaining and repairing all small engine, vehicle and operational equipment for the Charlotte operations.
- Following safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing equipment with accuracy and speed
- Ordering supplies and maintaining proper inventory for equipment maintenance
- Creating effective working relationships with employees
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Completing applicable tasks using company computer systems
- Establish and follow a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment and vehicles.
- Scheduling repairs not able to be completed at the operations facility.
- Ensuring all equipment and vehicles are returned to operations as soon as possible after completing repairs/maintenance.
- Serving as an advocate to the operators to keep vehicles and equipment in excellent working condition.
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
This company participates in E-Verify where applicable.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force to 100 pounds of force to move objects
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to climbing
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- May be subject to use of a mask/respirator
- Subject to repetitive motions
Graduate from a standard high school or GED program with three to five years' work experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.