Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Arlon Graphics LLC
Arlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing company in the business of creating innovative material for visual expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and markets high-quality pressure-sensitive materials for the fleet, architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number of strategically positioned sales offices and warehouses, and customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow us graphics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For more information, visit arlon.com
The Maintenance Manager directs and coordinates the installation, maintenance and repair work on the facility and equipment; manages to a budget, maintains, tracks and reports on program effectiveness. The position manages the assigned team's work schedule, skills development, and performance.
- Manage, forecast, and track expenses to budget.
- Manage outside vendors, including, but not limited to, reviewing qualifications, negotiating contracts, writing purchase requests, and approving completed work.
- Effectively communicate timing, delivery of parts and work order progress to internal customers/departments.
- Ensure operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair.
- Ensure that company premises and facilities are kept in clean and hygienic condition.
- Ensure facility maintenance is done in pursuant of the lease terms.
- Implement workplace safety policies and standards for assigned team.
- Create KPIs for assigned area(s) of responsibility; track, monitor, improve.
- Reinforce established ISO work procedures and standard work. Coordinate to keep ISO training log up to date.
- Implement measures to improve availability of equipment and reduce maintenance costs.
- Review and train maintenance techs on safe work programs and practices.
- Maintains safe operations of equipment, machinery, and personnel. Trains personnel in proper use of personal protective equipment. Coordinate monthly safety meetings for group. Follow up on the department accident investigation report.
- Performs 5S and safety audits for department.
- Track and resolve maintenance requests (electronic format).
- Integrate new technology into existing business environment.
- Ensure compliance to hazardous waste management procedure.
- Enforce safety and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Duties may be expanded upon or removed; additional duties may be assigned.
- Tracks and appraises performance in areas such as, but not limited to safety, productivity, attendance, housekeeping, and quality.
- Provides direct oversight by leading the assigned team, including work order prioritization, scheduling reporting, and status upkeep.
- Partners with Operations leadership and Human Resources in interviewing, hiring, training, and managing employees' performance.
- Bachelor's in science degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or another related field.
- Minimum ten years of applicable work experience, with minimum four years in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Microsoft Office ® working knowledge.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, written, presentation, training); effective professional communication with customers, vendors, staff and management.
- Basic understanding of blueprints and schematics.
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspirational.
- Relevant professional certifications/designations.
- Industrial or manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Continuous Improvement Process experience / Six Sigma