Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by MainStay Suites Denver Tech Center
Are you someone who understands the smallest details can make the biggest impact? You know hospital corners are not just for hospitals, and the perfect crease on a bed sheet makes you smile, and you love the feeling the warmth of freshly laundered linen.
The Room Attendant reports to the General Manager (GM) and/or Assistant General Manager (AGM) and Housekeeping Leader, working to maintain the consistent cleanliness and organization of our guest rooms and spaces.
What we offer:
- Health and Dental Insurance for Full Time Associates
- 401(k) with Employer Match for all Associates
- Paid time off for ALL Associates per Associate Guide
- Six company paid holidays for Full Time Associates
- Time and half for hours worked on designated holidays for all Associates.
- All Associates in this position are eligible to participate in a Retention Bonus program
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Hotel Guest Room Program
Perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks to meet brand and Gulf Coast standards including cleaning guest rooms, public spaces, laundry and working shifts that vary by
day and week depending upon business needs.
Primary Job Duties
- Receive a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public spaces to be cleaned during shift:
- Move-Out Cleans: a deep cleaning when a guest checks out.
- Stay-Over Cleans: a service performed while the guest continues to reside in the hotel.
- Clean all rooms according to brand and Gulf Coast cleanliness standards within the allotted time.
- Maintain an orderly cart according to brand and Gulf Coast standards. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning of the shift.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways so that health standards are met, and the property is clean to brand and Gulf Coast standards
- Clean doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows.
- Inspect rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards.
- Replace soiled linen and towels, disinfect bathroom surfaces, dust, or wipe down all surfaces, vacuum, sweep and/or mop floors.
- Replenish room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reporting any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.) to the GM.
- Notify GM of any maintenance issues.
- Notify GM of left behind guest belongings and bag and tag the items according to policy.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and organized.
- Wash and fold laundry.
- Wear appropriate attire per the dress code.
- May be asked to stay on site in the event of a catastrophe.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integrity - display strong moral principles and work ethic by behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
- Communication - listen effectively and follow instructions.
- Dependability and reliability - display responsible behaviors at work in attendance and punctuality; can work with a sense of urgency; has attention to details; can follow directions and fulfill obligations.
- Professionalism- maintain a professional presence by demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can lift 50 pounds.
- Continuous standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving about, and lifting furniture/furnishings.
- Frequently bends, kneels, and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, and wiping.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (cleaning materials), odors, dirt and dust and adverse weather conditions.
Experience and Requirements
- 1 year hospitality or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Work Authorization required
- Flexible schedule required. Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required.