Manager, Identity and Access Management
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by CO-OP Financial Services
Req No. 2
We are seeking a talented Manager, Identity and Access Management to be responsible for the overall end-to-end design and implementation of the company's identity and access management solution(s) for corporate systems and financial systems in a multi-datacenter / multi-customer environment. This position will be required to develop and lead the Identity and Access Management function in the execution of the company's security strategy for the delivery of secure, scalable infrastructure systems and services. The Manager, Identity and Access Management will develop and implement strategic, technical, and operational security/infrastructure controls that are properly aligned with business goals and objectives. This role is responsible for all security engineering functions required in the design, validation, and oversight for secure identity and access management configurations.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Ability to provide day-to-day management to Security personnel in an IT Department in multiple office and data center locations.
- Must be able to carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Manages, coordinates and prioritizes the schedules, projects and activities of direct reports.
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies.
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures, and workflows within the team to better streamline the group as a whole.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise networks.
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services transactions.
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Serve as the design authority for IAM on behalf of the Cybersecurity team as a member of the Architecture board.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the Service Desk team to improve user lifecycle management workflow in maturation of identity and access management capabilities.
- Partner with the Cybersecurity Operations team to improve privileged user lifecycle management, tool usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and response capabilities.
- Develop or implement open source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational functions.
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation, conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines to offer solutions for a complex heterogeneous environment.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/related field plus a minimum of 8 years related experience with at least 5 years equivalent work experience in Cybersecurity, specializing in Identity and Access Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of identity and access management engineering and management experience in mid to large IT organizations.
- 5+ years of hands on and progressive information security design and implementation experience in a security engineering role preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of Hybrid Cloud operations - particularly Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the following: SSO, LDAP, Active Directory, Azure AD, AWS IAM, AWS Cognito, SAML 2.0, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, ADFS, SCIM, Ping Identity, CyberArk, multi-factor authentication, privileged account management, privileged identity management, identity federations.
- Knowledge of IAM software and systems, such as SailPoint, Oracle, CA Identity Suite.
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Experience with network, server, and appliance secure configuration (hardening) using frameworks such as CIS, DISA, and NIST.
- Significant experience with Identity and Access Management (IdAM) solutions., platforms, and services.
- Strong experience with Privileged Identity/Access Management (PIM/PAM).
- Strong experience and knowledge of Azure security controls as relates to identity and access management.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related technologies and solutions.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.