Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Rust-Oleum
Summary: Provides systems and hardware support as a member of the client services group (help desk), and work on projects as needed.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn't particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the world's first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we've perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting-edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for computer, network and software-related support and problem analysis including maintenance and support of system hardware or software. Monitor application health, including production and ancillary systems on server and non-server based systems.
- Resolution, ownership and escalation of associated application issues.
- Keep up to date on current technology trends and learn how those technologies would impact Rust-Oleum. Implement such technologies to improve business processes.
- Identify user needs and act as customer advocate to ensure the desktop maintains high performance and ease of use.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Manage and deploy software, security updates, and operating systems.
- 4-5 years experience in an IT department performing system support activities for local and remote users.
- Strong skills with Microsoft desktop products, HP Desktop Hardware, MS Office Suite, systems support, installation and configuration of hardware, OS and software at the desktop and server level including performance, security, and troubleshooting.
- Good practical and theoretical understanding and working knowledge of networking hardware and protocols, switches and cabling.
- Excellent customer focus, excellent communicator, and an ability to explain complex technologies to non-technical people. Innate curiosity and attention to detail. Positive attitude, good people skills, and a drive for customer satisfaction.
- Excellent research and communication skills.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, basic tool use.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$60k - $75k Annual