Residential Counselor I / II DCS
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by DePaul
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
The DePaul Rochester View Apartment Treatment Program is now hiring for a full-time Residential Counselor! Under the direction of the Residence Manager, the Residential Counselors provides care, rehabilitative training, support, and supervision for the development and/or enhancement of community living skills to residents.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following rehabilitative services; Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, and Symptom Management.
- Ensure that each resident on his or her caseload receives comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), ongoing recovery oriented services, and discharge.
- Observe, monitor, document, and report resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Assist Residents in the preparation of nutritious meals, including food preparation when needed.
- Assist in planning, implementation, and support of recreational activities.
- Provide safe transporting of resident when needed.
- Complete household chores assigned by supervisor to maintain cleanliness and safety standards.
- Supervise and document resident medications in accordance with agency policies.
Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence.
RC I: High School Diploma required. Human services experience preferred. Clean driving record that meets Agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.
RC II: QMHS Standard. Bachelor's degree in Human Services, or an Associate's degree in Human Services with 3-years FT related paid experience, or a High school diploma and 5 years related paid experience. Clean driving record that meets Agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.