Nurse Case Manager
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by West Cecil Health Center Inc
West Cecil Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center is looking for a Nurse Case Manager to be responsible for care coordination of patients who are identified as high or potential high utilizers of the system and primarily assigned to focus on suicide prevention, domestic/intimate partner violence and human trafficking measures. Case management should be focused on the integration of services and improving the continuity of care and outcomes for those clients. This position will assist providers with clinical tasks within the Maryland Board of Nursing scope and standards of practice. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
NURSE CASE MANAGER'S PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITY
- Coordinate and execute care plans on high risk patients
- Establish, maintain, and monitor the outcomes of a SBIRT and Chronic Care and Transition Care Management Program.
- Monitor and action plan on clinical quality data including but not limited to SBIRT, MAT, UDS, HEDIS and PCMH measures.
- Delivery of direct-patient care and facilitating provider efficiency through the management of clinical tasks within the scope of nursing practice
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and practices, as well as local, state and federal laws and
- Establish and ensure collaborative, supporting relationships within the organization.
- Serve as a liaison to establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to the Bureau of Primary Health Care, state agencies and funding sources, regulators, health care organizations, community partners, insurance carriers, auditors, and related external resources.
- Coordination and execution of patient care plans and goals with patients.
- Demonstrate compassion and non-judgmental care
- Establish a rapport with patients and build a therapeutic relationship
- Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and strategic partnerships
- Work with patients to determine risk levels for substance abuse, specifically focusing on opioid abuse
- Offer educational support, referrals for treatment and help facilitate the coordination of care for clients with substance abuse disorders.
- Support engaging patients in self management for chronic diseases and substance abuse disorders
- Analyze, synthesize and communicate quality data in an accurate, objective and straightforward
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving Demonstrate the ability to make critical decisions supported by substantial analysis and critical data based decision-making.
- Ability to provide high level of personal autonomy
- Ability to effectively manage conflict, promotes change and growth, and inspires high standards of
- Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills with the organization's key stakeholders, including but not limited to the Bureau of Primary Health Care, state agencies and funding sources, regulators, health care organizations, community partners, insurance carriers, auditors, and related external resources.
- Ability to build consensus and focus within the overall organization as well as within and among various business resources and strategic
- Ability to travel throughout the region to monitor overall quality performance and activity, and to establish relationships with key resources and
- Ability to routinely and creatively use and understand technology necessary to collect, retain, analyze and report critical, requisite information related to case management and quality outcomes.
- Ability to regularly and effectively communicate throughout all levels within the organization in written, verbal, and presentation
- Able to provide direct-care to patients and facilitate provider efficiency through the management of clinical tasks within the Nursing Scope of Practice.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibility
- This is a full-time position
- Days and hours of work will be scheduled in accordance with West Cecil Health Center's operating hours
- Located in West Cecil Health Center and/or its qualified subsidiaries.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
- Current Maryland RN license required. BSN preferred.
- Three (3) years nursing care experience preferred. Experience with quality based reimbursement models, utilization management, substance abuse, or outpatient medical practice preferred.
- BLS required.
- Demonstrate skill in a) clinical case management; b) performing complete assessments; c) monitor, assess and record patient progress against a plan of care; d) effective critical thinking skills both written and oral; e) facilitating patient access to community resources; and f) age appropriate interpersonal interactions (patients may range from newborn to geriatric adult.)
- Ability to a) communicate and collaborate effectively with both internal and external customers (Medical Staff, multiple-specialty team, management staff, external organizations and general public); b) assess, adapt, and calmly respond to changing and/or crisis environment; c) make independent decisions consistent with current policies, procedures, and ethical standards; d) prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively to complete duties; and e) assist in data analysis and computer literate in word processing, Excel, and data management skills; (f) action plan around clinical quality measures.
- Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region
- Prolonged sitting and working at a computer terminal
- Standing, Bending, Walking, and Lifting 0-25 lbs
- Will sometimes have contact with blood borne pathogens and infectious, biochemical and hazardous waste.
- Required to wear appropriate PPE in delivering patient care
Supervised by: Chief Operating Officer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.