Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by New England Management Services Inc
- Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, the dental assistant will assist the Dentist in both administrative and clinical duties including: prepare patient for procedure or exam, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, and prepare materials, and assist during dental procedures. Provide patient and practice support services; including, but not limited to, personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be detail oriented to work efficiently in small spaces and maintain patient comfort
- Must excel in forward thinking to anticipate the needs of the doctor as well as the patient
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate active listening - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards
- Always follow the company's core values-Trust, Integrity, Positive, Excellence-for yourself, the team and our patients
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate.
- Diploma or certificate from an approved 281 dental assisting program as accredited by CODA.
- Must have state licensure (RDA- Registered Dental Assistant)
- Preferred two years dental practice experience.
- § Some travel to other offices to provide coverage may be required
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required for you to participate in training, continuing education or seminars