Non-Functional Test Manager
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by ARM (Advanced Resource Managers)
NFR Test Manager
Permanent Full time
Up to £72K basic + 15% Bonus + Bnefits
Our client is looking for an NFR Test Manager to join their tech team. The ideal candidate will also possess a high degree of self-management, be able to take ownership and work independently, recommend suitable solutions, be personally accountable for the performance and stability of our systems and have excellent all-round communication skills so as to avoid scope creep.
- Excellent experience of Test Management
- Strong stakeholder management to up to senior leadership level
- Very delivery focused
- Strong problem-solving skills, highly motivated, and passionate about quality
- Taking charge of the release and change process so as to avoid scope creep
- Avoids unnecessary change requests through strong stakeholder management and holding people to what was committed in releases.
- Collaborate with Workstream leads to support their delivery of milestones on time, to cost and quality
- Experienced in creating Non-Functional test strategies
- Successful at developing and managing relationships at all level organisational levels
- Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure key milestones are met
- Relevant experience in Security/OAT/Performance
- Good understanding of Performance and Stress Testing of OSS and BSS sub systems
- Good working knowledge of load testing
- Define, implement and measure key test KPIs to ensure high test & quality standards are achieved.
- Act as facilitator and decision maker for NFR/performance defect resolution during test execution
- Establish principles and practices to help build Performance Engineering practices into all stages of our software development life cycle.
- Able to develop robust Performance Test Plans, Status Reporting, Test Readiness Re-views
- Manage challenging stakeholders and being tough on scope and time commitments.
- Strong implementation scheduling and planning experience within a Transformation Programme
- Knowledge of Performance tools (LoadRunner, Jmeter) along with knowledge of Monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Perfmon etc.)
- NFR Requirements analysis, test strategy/planning/test scheduling.
- Responsible for NFR Defect management and Test reporting to Customer
- Proactive risk management.
- Strong Vendor and supplier management.
- Strong skills to resolve conflicts.
- Contribute to and act as a point of decision around test approach, strategy, planning, execution and escalation on behalf of programme & portfolio stakeholders.
- Leads Test Management across a major strategic Transformation programme.
- Manages Test Managers/Test Leads working across multiple projects (5-7).
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Testing Life Cycle and you are able to develop advanced test plans and communicate these effectively to stakeholders.
- Champion continual service improvement in NFR & performance across quality assurance, automation and tooling.
- Expert in testing methodologies, test management and associated practices.
- Expert in ALL test phases - functional, non-functional, OAT, UAT and Security.
- Strong leadership and coaching experience.
- Experience with managing large offshore teams and services.
- Exposure to Telco BSS, OSS systems (end to end).
- Working knowledge of JIRA to own defect management life cycle.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
- Keeping in check the schedule and status of any given release, and communicate this effectively across all teams including devs, infrastructure, and architecture.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a numerate or computing related subject focus
- Experience of a wide range of SDLC methodologies
- ISTQB (Advanced) or equivalent
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of automated testing and release processes, and how to apply automation across both test and release
- Experience of working in Telco
- Experience in the Release Management Life Cycle