Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is looking for a RAN Designer who will join a RAN Solution Design team based in Bristol, Hatfield and Birmingham working for a market leading telecommunication provider on a contract basis.
The role will need experience in two key area's;
- Have a proven track record in developing new products with 3rd party suppliers from concept stage to rollout;
- Have a proven track record in reviewing and assessing RAN site designs supplied by 3rd parties with a view to assessing and evaluating the designs, providing feedback and assessing their suitability.
Designs by this team need to ensure they support the cutting-edge features, coupled with a high availability for all customers. The client is responsible for ensuring that their customers have both coverage and sufficient capacity to allow the end user to support services they need from the network. The successful candidate will support this by developing high availability designs, and constantly pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved in a mobile network.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of product development within the RAN area;
- Experience of developing a product from concept stage to rollout into the live network;
- Technical authoring of strategy and product documentation;
Experience of Passive Infrastructure Site Design, either producing designs in a Small Works Contractor setting or reviewing 3rd party Site Design Drawings;
- Reviewing site drawings, providing constructive feedback and driving improvement;
- Understanding of RAN network performance and KPI data;
- Track record of successful delivery based on internal policies and procedures, with the ability to manage interaction with external parties and customers;
- Experience in Mobile Radio Access Network Design.
- Substantial evidence of delivering and developing market-leading solutions as required by the business.