Medical Assistant (CMA, LPN, Paramedic) - Float
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by SSM Health
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health Dean Medical Group Madison Fish Hatchery
This position offers a $3,000 sign on bonus.
This position requires graduation from a Medical Assistant, LPN, or Paramedic program. We are accepting applications from new graduates.
This position is a float role that has potential to float to both primary care and specialty areas for coverage. If you are someone who likes variety and working with multiple teams and departments this would be a great opportunity for you! We are looking for someone who is adaptable. The position requires travel to the Fish Hatchery Clinic, West Madison Clinic, St. Mary's Outpatient Center, and Waunakee. The hours vary from 6:30am to 8pm. Come join our growing float pool team!
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. You've chosen a career where patients matter-a lot.
At SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where:
- You feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
Job Summary:Provides assistance with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a registered nurse or provider (physician or advanced practice provider).
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of accredited school of medical assisting
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Licenses/Certifications:Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Department:-Dean FH PC Clinical FltScheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here