System Software Engineer
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Paratus People
SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER
UP TO £500/DAY
Are you looking to take the next step up in your career? Do you want to develop systems for a world-leading company? If so read on
Paratus People are working with a multinational company with a base in Cambridge who are looking to expand on their R&D team there by bringing on an engineer for a 6 months (plus extensinons) contract, building profilers and analysers based on their software.
As a part of the company, you will be working at the forefront of IoT, working with big data, distributed storage, virtualisation and more. You'd also get the chance to work on server CPU workload to guide app performance and drive design.
This position will be remotely onboarded, but the company are mainly looking for engineers to work onsite once restrictions are lifted.
The client are looking to bring on engineers with the following skills:
- BSc or above in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Background in low level system software eg JIT compiler, Linux Kernel
- OR server workload development eg big data (Hadoop/Spark), database (MySQL), etc
- Good skills with Scripting and programming in Python and C/C++ respectively
- Experience debugging workload with a complex software stack
- Experience with processor modelling and simulation
- Knowledge of AArch64 architecture
- Experience on assembly programming
- Open Source contributor
- Excellent team collaborator
If this sounds like the position for you then please send across your CV ASAP! We'd love to hear from you and talk through the position in a bit more detail.
Unfortunately the client for this position cannot sponsor visas for this position, and all applicants must be based in the UK.
Paratus People Limited is acting as an employment business for the purposes of this Permanent vacancy.
We offer a referral scheme of up to £2,000 if you can recommend someone for this post.
Paratus is a recognised supplier of Video Tech professionals across Europe.