Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
I'm not sure if you are still available on the market, currently tied up into a contract or if this position I am hiring for is still relevant to you, hence the email and I apologies if it is not.
I am currently hiring a Data Engineer to work for a minimum of 3 months (+ likely extension) in Amsterdam.
The main activities for the Data Engineer position will be:
- Identify the integration requirements of several data-sources;
- Design, implement and test cloud-based (Azure) data-intensive applications;
- Collaborate with other Lead Engineers, Data Architects & Enter. Architects for technical solutions
- Contribute improvements to the Data Platform
- Convert data product prototypes to data products.
Requirements for the Data Engineer position:
- You have a BSC or MsC in a relevant field (eg Computer Science, Mathematics etc.)
- You have at least 4 years of experience running data-driven solutions, including deployment and management of data-pipelines in production.
- Strong Java/Scala experience, we would prefer someone with 2+ years of hands-on experience with at least, one of this two.
- Professional experience with Kafka (or Azure EventHub)
- Professional experience with Spark, implementing both batch and streaming pipelines
- You recognize the importance of logging and monitoring (we currently use DataDog, Splunk, sentry)
- You have at least one year of experience with Microsoft Azure (AWS, GCP are fine too)
- You are comfortable working with the latest DevOps technologies ie, Kubernetes, Docker
- Professional experience with Scrum
- You are fluent in English. and you speak Dutch at a B2 level
Interviews are taking place this week.
This role is suitable for a Data Engineer who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position and want to find out more about the project, please submit your CV for consideration.