Unified Communications Engineer (Cisco)
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Picture More Ltd
The Unified Communications Engineer is responsible for building and supporting scalable and cost effective unified communications services required across the firm, including video-telephony, voicemail, instant messaging, presence and video conferencing
Accountable for providing high quality solutions to integrate the firm's unified communications services and technologies. Accountable for keeping current on developments in unified communications (technologies, products, practices and trends).
- Responsible for evaluating new systems and technologies to increase service levels and reduce costs.
- Responsible for contributing to projects to deliver new unified communications services.
- Responsible for being a technical escalation contact for users, more junior team members and other teams.
- Responsible for contributing to good working relationships between the Unified Communications team and other IT teams.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance. Responsible for providing high quality support to users for unified communications services.
- Responsible for communication of planned maintenance to other IT teams and users.
- Responsible for complying with approved policies and processes defined by other groups.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories and complying with licensing agreements.
- Responsible for resolving incidents in accordance with Service Level Agreements and escalating where appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing high quality documentation
- In-depth experience of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IM and Presence Service, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Attendant Console, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco voice Routers, Cisco Expressway, Cisco Prime Collaboration.
- In-depth experience of audio and video conferencing Back End systems, Cisco TMS, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Webex Meetings and Cisco Webex Teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams. 5 years working with telecommunications networks. Strong knowledge of voice and data Switches and Routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.
- Knowledge of video conferencing end points, Cisco SX/EX, Cisco 8000 series phones.
- Knowledge of telecommunications protocols, communications and standards, H.323, SIP, E.164.
- Exposure to mobile telephony solutions. Good understanding of the design of global Voice Over IP telecommunications infrastructure.
- A history of working in a demanding telecommunications environment is essential. A professional services background is desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems preferred. Relevant industry experience is acceptable.
- Relevant Cisco Collaboration accreditation is preferred.