Key Account Manager - Open Banking/Open Finance
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Sanderson Recruitment Plc
Our client, a growing FinTech company based in Bristol, have an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Key Account Manager.
Following the success of the business in winning a number of large clients, primarily in the Financial Services sector, they are looking for an experienced individual to develop key accounts. Working closely with the Sales, Product Management and Operations teams, you will retain and grow accounts by aligning the strategic objectives of clients to the company's capabilities and development plans.
As a consultative selling expert, with experience in developing key account relationships, you will primarily be focused on enabling customer success.
This will include:
- Creating upselling and cross-selling opportunities within client organisations
- Stakeholder management to secure sponsorship, budgets and resource allocation to company programme
- Coordinate plans with internal stakeholders and manage client communications on new developments, technical and operational issues in conjunction with relevant colleagues
- Monitor and mitigate against competitor activity by maintaining stakeholder management plans
- Establish and maintain the company's presence across business area, operating divisions and geographies, where appropriate
- Maintain relationships with key third parties used by clients which will influence the company's position and expansion within the client
- Run regular account governance meetings
- Network and develop relationships with key suppliers, influencers and partners to secure advocacy and commitment of discretionary budgets
- Act as an ambassador with client management including IT, procurement, compliance and buyer communities
- Previous experience working within the Financial Services industry is essential
- Knowledge and experience of Open Finance/Open Banking would be advantageous
- A great successful track record in large Key Account development practices
- First class communication skills, ability to present, negotiate and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including C-level
- Able to influence and work collaboratively across the entire organisation, from sales to technology, getting everyone on-board with the key USPs for the product.
- A systematic and energetic approach to achieve business objectives
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
Working for a company that champions flexibility, this is a brand new position within the organisation, therefore a collaborative and curious mind-set is required. Suitable candidates will be able to easily access the Central Bristol office, as well as London where many of the client base are situated, so locations based in and around the London and Bristol areas will be considered as remote working is also supported. Salary is £60,000 - £80,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact (see below)