Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Hadoop Admin - Helsinki - 6months +
We're currently hiring for a Hadoop Admin to be esponsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure and maintaining/developing big data application written in Scala, Java and python.
- Aligning with the Data engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Should have hands on experience on big data components like Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hbase, Oozie, Drill
- Good to have AWS S3, Python, Ansible, Airflow, Java
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Yarn to deliver sub second result from Apache Spark streaming applications.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning. Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Infrastructure automation using Ansible and Docker. Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring. HDFS support and maintenance.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.