Posted on Feb 27, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring: This position works Monday - Friday, 7:30am-4pm.
We are hiring!
Ascension St. Mary's Hospital is adding to our team of dedicated associates. Join our team of talented professionals who have a passion for caring!
Ascension St. Mary's Hospital is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. Our medical advancements in cardiac sciences, neurosciences, oncology, and trauma are rivaled only by our compassion to heal body, mind and spirit. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do: Coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Create plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitor patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocate for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintain ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Act as a resource for adequate medical record documentation, appropriateness of services as they relate to diagnoses, and treatment options for post-discharge care.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension St. Mary is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work