Sr Waferfab Technician
Posted on Mar 1, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
Summary of Role\:
Fab 8 in Malta NY is seeking highly skilled and motivated Sr Waferfab Technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. Senior Waferfab Technicians manage day to day operations in a highly automated Wafer Fab facility. These positions are an hourly role on a compressed work shift\: 12 hours day, 3 days working/4 days off; 4 days working/3 days off. This position may require performance of duties in the cleanroom (fab). Individuals must be willing to work any shift as well as support overtime needs. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing support across all shifts, and at times, may be required to rotate shifts.
- Meet MFG output goals, while ensuring product quality.
- Optimize and maximize tool utilization through automation and inventory planning systems
- Coordinate capacity, manage cycle time, and facilitate and lead work teams in a 300mm Factory.
- Drive cycle time reduction through prompt hold lot release, high inventory step management, and exclusion investigation.
- Manage static and dynamic bottlenecks daily through run plan development, part communication/execution, and gap analysis.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Monitor Time Link Lots and respond to upsets/errors and escalate to AME/PI for resolution
- Schedule and set-up manufacturing tools for preventive maintenance
- Train new team members and be proficient in google applications as well as excel
- Track critical qualification lots for new tool starts up. Create and update qualification lot trackers for critical tools/process changes.
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment and engage AME to resolve
- Track and Identify Bottleneck tools based on WIP Profile and WIP Profile by Route
- Dispatch lot monitoring and respond as needed to resolve upsets/error Ensure runpath for tool recovery test wafers including idling required metrology tools and Auto-2 dispatch
- Engage AME in case of process interruptions to initiate recovery
- Use standard software applications and specific programs (SiView, Space)
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Monitor, document assigned tool time to plan vs actual ETU performance
- Education\: 2 year Associates degree or 1 years of semiconductor manufacturing experience
- Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment as needed
- Able to sit for an extended period of time while accessing computer applications, using multiple computer monitors.
- Individuals must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …)
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule and support overtime as needed
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
- Professional work experience / military training / experience / semiconductor experience
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.