Director, Companion Diagnostics Strategy Lead
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Pharmacyclics
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Director, Companion Diagnostics within the Companion Diagnostics Center of Excellence (CDx COE), which supports CDx development. We are seeking a creative and highly motivated leader to develop and implement biomarker and diagnostic strategies to enable and support the development and commercialization of medically-differentiated therapies in oncology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment and will participate as a member of multidisciplinary development project teams.
- Develop and coordinate the overarching CDx strategy across projects in targeted therapeutic areas
- Lead the development and implementation of diagnostic strategies for individual projects and/or therapeuticn areas
- Direct the development, outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable companion diagnostic assays Design, implement and oversee biomarker and diagnostic testing and data analysis
- Provide expertise to development project teams to ensure access to state of the art thinking on appropriate biomarker and diagnostic technologies, evaluating their scientific basis and clinical applicability, the validation status and any technical or statistical issues related to the proposed biomarkers and companion diagnostics
- Highly experienced biomedical leader (PhD or MD/PhD) with a minimum of 10 years of post-doctoral and relevant industry experience with expertise in oncology biomarker and companion diagnostic development
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and implementing overarching therapeutic area biomarker and/or CDx strategies
- Demonstrated excellence in independently leading and conducting research and ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data
- In depth experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and utilization of innovative biomarkers and companion diagnostics.
- Experience in human translational research with biomarker application in clinical trials and awareness of the challenges of implementing biomarker and diagnostic technologies in the clinical setting
- Excellent leadership skills including motivation and delegation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- High level of business awareness