Director, Global Commercial Development - Ulcerative Colitis Strategy
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Pharmacyclics
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in pipeline and the forward-looking disease area strategies. We have a dynamic opportunity for a Director, Global Commercial Development - Ulcerative Colitis (UC) Strategy. The Director will report to the Gastroenterology Global Commercial Development Lead and will be based in our offices.
- Develops the overall strategy for UC and commercial strategies for pipeline molecules focusing on UC to maximize the opportunity of the assets.
- Partners with the Crohn's Disease (CD) strategy lead, while collaborating with partners who cover rheumatology and dermatology diseases to develop an aligned UC strategy.
- Works across indications to develop optionality for product presentation in collaboration with Value and Access Team and Asset Strategy Team.
- Leads analysis of the UC market, identifies key segment value drivers, growth opportunities, target product profiles, product positioning & revenue potential
- Drives development of early brand plans; crystalizing commercial and strategic insights by synthesizing product, brand, customer, consumer, and competitive information into the development of asset plans
- Initiates geostrategy and indication prioritization for pipeline molecules in partnership with development teams and areas/affiliates through Touch Point Process
- Drives prioritization of key leverage points in the treatment process and develops behavioral objectives for each stakeholder group.
- Supports development of scientific platform that drives data generation to satisfy global and area requirements for target product label and target product claims
- Masters understanding of the UC market by rapidly acquiring HCP and Payer insights to inform unmet needs analysis and future market value drivers while ensuring focus on the patient as the North Star.
- Identifies and solves for capability gaps to enable successful launch
- Is a conduit between development and commercial teams, fostering information flow that optimizes asset opportunity
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external partners, including Gastroenterology External Experts, leverages expertise to strengthen the asset value proposition
- Leads internal processes accurately reflecting asset opportunity and required support (LRP, Annual Plan)
- Is the commercial voice at disease area teams, asset strategy teams, and asset development teams and with organizational leadership
- Leads global commercial team as Global Commercial Team Leader, effectively aligns areas and affiliates market needs with asset opportunity
- Pharma, biotech, or consultant firm experience is required
- 10+ years of experience with successful track record in pharma marketing
- Previous Commercial Development, Pipeline Management, Marketing and/or Consulting roles
- Advanced degree (MBA, Ph.D.)
- Experience in Gastorenterology/Immunology
- Experience working with external experts
- Strong analytical and strategic marketing skills as well as demonstrated ability to learn new disease states
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of P&L drivers and the ability to develop appropriate SG&A investment and top-line sales forecasts that generate long-term value
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across a variety of organization levels and disciplines, including senior executives
- Experience with matrix-based teams and project management
- Excellent command of MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Self-starter, and proactively driving projects toward successful completion
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the essence, can change the course quickly where indicated, and demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively, possess high degree of planning, coordination, project management skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Raises the bar, is a resilient leader, and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement, and demonstrates the ability to lead through ambiguity.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Demonstrates the ability to make the complex easy for others to understand
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence, diplomacy, maintenance of confidentiality, organizational savvy, and outstanding collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Embraces GCD culture of excellence
- Executes highly effective working meetings and is visibly inclusive and transparent in all work products