Director, Global Strategic Safety Initiatives and Portfolio Management
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Pharmacyclics
This position reports into the Strategic Operations team within the Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) organization. The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.
This position is a senior strategic leadership role that is responsible for leading a team of Global PV Portfolio Program Managers and driving transformational strategies that advance the priorities of the PPS organization. This position reports to the Vice President, Safety Operations.
- Develop and drive implementation of PPS business strategies that increase productivity, process improvement, operational excellence, compliance, cost saving and time savings, as well as build new capabilities.
- Drive complex global and cross-functional transformation initiatives including operating model design and acquisition integration.
- Identify strategic and operational business improvements and innovations to enable excellence in business operations across the global PPS business. Enable the continuous identification and assessment of innovative improvement ideas and opportunities.
- Develop strategic vision and roadmaps for PPS business areas. Provide strategic advisory and support to business leaders and teams in realization of strategies, as well as guide them through complex project-driven change initiatives.
- Lead, develop, coach and inspire team of Portfolio Program Managers. Build high-performing team and drive PMO excellence through robust methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Ensure success of the Global PV Project Portfolio through KPIs that demonstrate effectiveness of implementation.
- Define, communicate and champion the vision, priorities and achievements of Global PV Portfolio Management team. Serve as a positive and visible role model for change. Actively engage Senior Leaders to build sponsorship of key initiatives.
- Build connections with strategy and project management teams across the AbbVie enterprise to advance the priorities of the Global PV Portfolio Management team.
- Develop industry-wide professional network in the strategy, operations and project management disciplines, including representation of PPS at industry groups and conferences.
- Advanced Degree (MBA) preferred with at least 10 years of strategy and project management experience in the healthcare and Pharmaceutical RD industry.
- At least 8 years' experience in a top management consulting company or in similar role within a global company requiring a combination of consultation, strategic vision, practical project management, change management and execution skills
- Have proven ability to challenge the status quo and regularly think of ways to do things differently together with having strong fixer and problem solving skills.
- Have prior experience working in the international environment, strong influencing and persuasion skills and the ability to be a respected collaborator.
- Be able to inspire others across the organization to exhibit the same must have behaviors.
- Be a strategist as well as an implementer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.