Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Manheim
We are looking for an experienced Product Director to become part of our F&I Digital Retailing!
Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. F&I Digital Retailing is responsible for the financing portion of the online car buying experience, from the qualification for financing, to the purchase of the vehicle online. We are deeply focused on bringing together automotive consumers and the dealership managers who work towards simplifying the purchase, educating consumers, and making their businesses more efficient and profitable. The Product Director for Consumer Financing is a critical role that works with our business, our clients, product owners and engineers to guide new feature development from ideation, to discovery, user testing, into the engineering backlog using Scaled Agile processes. We are seeking someone with experience in eCommerce and digital retailing enablement.
- Manage execution for sprint releases from product definition and planning through production, and deployment, with a focus on the minimum viable product.
- Engage with consumers, clients & Automotive sales teams to understand the needs of the market.
- Develop go-to market strategies and value propositions to support product launches and evaluate those plans to monitor the product performance.
- Provide Product Strategy, Client Interactions, and Execution
- Develop features and user stories with detailed requirements that are informed by analyzing market data and customer needs.
- Work with product owners to deliver release plans, development strategy, and articulate the vision and mission of the product roadmap, including implementation and prioritization.
- Serve as the central resource for design, development, testing, and quality as the feature(s) move to production.
- Act as user champion when coordinating product development with business stakeholders and align all development activity with business goals and priorities.
- Manage the product backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement), working day-to-day with the product SCRUM teams to clarify requirements balances business needs with technical requirements, and recommends alternative approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and service on the development of product positioning, demo design, training courses, sales collateral, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved
- Execute on the go-to market strategies and value propositions to support product launches and evaluate those plans to monitor the product performance.
- Monitor performance, compile status, and communicate performance to all levels of management.
The role is responsible for delivering a successful product to market as measured by client & customer satisfaction/loyalty, revenue growth (short and long-term), adoption and product performance. Up to 25% travel is expected to spend time with clients & Automotive business units to develop a keen understanding of consumer & digital retailer needs and cross business unit opportunities.
We are seeking hard-working, intelligent problem solvers that have a strong natural curiosity for answering consumer questions & meeting customers' needs. The ideal candidate is a trustworthy leader that can clearly communicate a vision to the organization, as well as inspire team members and partners to drive and execute on that vision.
- Product management experience in consumer facing or Enterprise Software Development (10+ years)
- Automotive B2B or B2C or similar relevant experience within digital media or eCommerce businesses (3+ years)
- BA/BS degree in related field and 10+ years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Ability analyzing data, insights, and scorecards to optimize product development, prioritization and requirements.
- Proficient at creating formal business cases and product descriptions and driving for stakeholder buy-in
- Developing and launching new products or features
- Developing concept and product definitions
- Prioritization of Bugs and Features with value-based approach.
- Communicate effectively with cross Matrix teams to accomplish project goals.
- Proven ability to deliver detailed plans in a team-based environment.
- Experience working with and defining API-based product solutions and services.
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.