Director, Analytics and Performance
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Manheim
The Director of Analytics and Performance is the authority on issues related to the analytics roadmap, reporting, analysis, and metrics for all of sales and service contact center operations; Create and lead a Center of Excellence to develop consistent analytic/insight modeling, consistent reporting and performance management, and trending analysis to champion improved client/customer experience across all Business Units; Recognized as the top subject matter expert; Operates with complete latitude within operational parameters; Champions, provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and executive stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact corporate results; Typically manages a function or department with direct responsibility for exempt professionals or directors/managers; may also be a high-level, specialized individual contributor directing a unique or specialized function providing direction to business leaders across the company and is generally recognized as having functional authority. The ideal candidate will act as a primary management interface with Operations leaders with regards to long term and short-term variable staff modeling, operational analytics, strategic problem solving, resource scheduling, and Real Time management. Additionally, the incumbent will champion the development and management of staffing models used to optimize the operations workforce to enable customer and financial commitments.
- Provides leadership and direction through senior managers or senior-level individual contributors
- Establishes/implements operational objectives and work plans and may delegate assignments to subordinate managers.
- Leads analytic efforts to support the sales and service contact center operations which may include budget modeling.
- Leads the creation of reports, charts, presentation and timelines in support of the sales and service contact center operations. Translates complex analytical findings into business recommendations.
- Leads identification, research, and resolution of discrepancies in analytical procedures or cross-functional methods.
- Provides leadership and guidance for operational topics requiring research.
- Meets with executive and senior leadership to provide recommendations for operational and policy changes resulting from the analysis.
- Identifies capable outside expertise to assist or deliver analytic projects.
- Leads the work of outside expertise engaged to assist or deliver analytic projects
- Leads and advises other analysts in the application of advanced analytical concepts, predictive analytics, and statistical modeling.
- Leads capability development within the delivery organization; including reviews, gap assessments, and works to source and deliver strategies.
- Act as the SME in directing teams to discover, blend, manipulate and create insights from a multitude of data sources.
- Create a Reporting and Business Intelligence COE responsible for developing and guiding the overall strategy for reporting, performance management and Business Intelligence for the COE as well as across all Business Units
- Drive the strategy and the roadmap for data analytics and insights within the Center of Excellence to support all Business Units operational goals as well as the goals
- Create vendor relationships to enhance capabilities better served through third parties
- Identify and prioritize key investments for analytics and data management; influences adoption decisions for departmental tools.
- Drive the development of analytical tools and technology tools/platforms to support the reporting and Business Intelligence COE strategy
- Build and maintain a robust data governance and integrity plan, including critical considerations for business continuity
- Define, improve and refine KPIs to drive relevancy in performance measures
- Identify Client Experience improvements across all Business Units and provide quantitative analysis of the impact of resolving Client Experience gaps
- Create and manage the COE budget as well as create and manage value capture models for identified operational/Client Experience gaps; Accountable for annual budgeting, budget to actual monitoring, and justification of budget variances
- Executes business plans and contributes to the development of area strategy
- Establishes operational plans for jobs area with short to mid-term impact on results
- Decisions are guided by functional or major operational segment strategy and priorities
- May at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues
- Generally, 12+ years of relevant experience with 7+ years' experience in a leadership role and operational management processes.
- Leading workforce management modeling within a highly complex business environment and/or contact center management modeling experience required with short term forecasting, long term forecasting and intraday experience preferred.
- It requires the ability to leverage data to drive decisions and strategically influence business strategies.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Ability to leverage data to translate operational performance into financial implications and influence future strategies.
- Proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by the capacity to influence customers and team members in support of business initiatives, act on operational efficiency and impact customer results.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to translate detailed complex business analyses into concise executive-level recommendations
- Develop recommendations based on solid analytics that address the root cause and explain impacts on business performance. Detail-oriented with a commitment to operational excellence and quality.
- Ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically.
- Experience with researching and deploying technology to drive efficiency and automation
- Ability to create a high performing culture.
- Leads and embraces change.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence staff at all levels
- Possesses strong to advanced EXCEL and POWERPOINT skills, knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (eg Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) Master's degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Direct supervision of senior-level staff
- The leadership of cross-functional/business unit teams, including indirect staff, third-party vendors, etc.