Senior Director, Analytics & Insights
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Macy's
The Senior Director, Analytics and Insights is responsible for driving analytics and insights for prioritized use cases, developing reports and tools for business users to leverage, and collaborating with Business Units to prioritize use case roadmaps. The Senior Director will derive key insights from advanced analytics for business users to leverage in a usable format to drive business decisions. The Sr. Director will lead and build a team of five Business Analysts who will set the standard for analytics across the organization and partner closely with business units to support analytics execution. The Senior Director will report to the SVP of Enterprise Data & Analytics, who leads this newly formed unit to accelerate deployment and value delivery from data and analytics, and coordinate efforts across the enterprise.
- Translate advanced analytics into key insights usable by business users.
- Orient advanced analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), and reporting efforts towards aiding data-driven business decision making and process automation.
- Drive use cases to industrialization, coordinating closely with BUs to inform business decisions with data-driven insights.
- Enable business ownership with advanced analytics output and key insights through dashboards and reports.
- Support businesses in Data & Analytics capability building and career pathing.
- Coordinate closely with Business Units to prioritize use cases to scale and gain key stakeholder buy-in.
- Provide central resource support to business to ensure successful use case delivery in Business Units.
- Embed data-driven decision culture into Business Units.
- Drive change management to drive user adoption of analytical tools and methods and embrace data in strategic business decisions.
- Create awareness, knowledge and conviction around data-driven practices and behaviors, increasing digital IQ of Business Units.
- Create and foster community of practice for data and analytics.
- Increase agility in identifying data issues and taking action to remediate.
- Encourage user adoption of analytical tools and methods, and embrace data in strategic business decisions.
- Leader with a passion for data and analytics who can build credibility for the Enterprise Data & Analytics team within the organization.
- Lead the alignment of best in class analytics for the total enterprise including coordination with senior leadership.
- Partner closely with Technology and Business Units to drive adoption, as well as provide direct analytical support where needed.
- Balance both leading a team and engage directly with the work needed to accomplish the priority use cases.
- Coach direct reports as they build strategies and roadmaps.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company and personal objectives.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Provide guidance on recruitment and career pathing for analytics resources
- Balance team resourcing and talent management
- Demonstrate leadership commitments of promoting diversity and inclusion, encouraging growth, creating connection and driving performance.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Use case value delivery to business.
- Usage of reports and dashboards in strategic business decisions.
- Industry benchmarks (eg, cost of analytics resources/tools vs. revenue).
- Annualized value to business vs. expense (upfront investment and run rate).
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Data & Analytics leader with over 7-10 years of experience in the field.
- 5+ years of leading & managing a team of business analysts.
- Demonstrated track record of translating advanced analytics and data, and articulating key insights to create value and improve business performance.
- Analytics expert with experience in accelerating analytics use cases and transforming data into business value in the retail/department store context.
- Customer-centric and experienced with cross-functional collaboration.
- Community builder who can foster a data and analytics culture and support data-driven thinking and discussions.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required