Director of Retail
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Casino Careers
Reporting to the VP of Retail & Spa, the Director of Retail provides leadership, direction and supervision of the Retail team responsible for the daily operations of the Retail Department. The Director of Retail is a strategic leader who excels in crafting and managing a vision with creative ways to lead store operations and merchandising management teams, optimize merchandise assortment and maximize best in class service, resulting in continued sales profit. Additional responsibilities of the role include branding/marketing, event planning, operational excellence, budgeting/forecasting and strong vendor relationships. The Director of Retail is also responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops Retail Department's business plan that will support enterprise initiatives, enhance retail guest experience, financial planning and profits, team member development, retention strategies, and operational excellence. Oversees operations of a diverse multi-unit retail structure within the enterprise.
2. Develops and executes overall merchandise assortment strategy to maximize sales and profits, resulting in new product offerings throughout Departing from core equities of brand. Responsible for inventory, revenue and margin management. Developments Retail annual budget and forecast. Leads Retail management team in defining, tracking, and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual KPI's to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
3. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises Retail Department including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Conducts interviews for all management positions. Effectively advises in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Directs and instructs management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
4. Creates an environment that motivates team members to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develops a high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments, and productive workflow processes. Identifies and provides feedback on objectives, assess performance and service excellence. Creates a compliance culture within San Manuel and fosters an environment where team member feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promotes excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
5. Provides team members with standards for leadership, functional excellence and health and safety throughout department, including visual merchandising process for various retail store concepts. Drives product management and responsibilities for each store type. Responsible for optimizing store layout, fixture planning and capacity to ensure most efficient and dynamic space allocation by category and store type. Maintains knowledge of latest industry products and fashion trends to ensure Department is maximizing efficiencies and providing innovation, and cutting-edge solutions.
6. Maintains high-performance work environment and provides leadership throughout areas of responsibility to insure optimum internal and external partner relationships. Works collaboratively with Departments to create unique events and promotions to attract high-level Casino and Hotel guests. Proactively identifies various market opportunities; makes recommendations to management regarding visual, branding and marketing strategies
7. Develops, reviews (with Compliance Department) and implements policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Monitors and ensures all Retail team members are properly trained to adhere to health and safety regulations from the Health Department, and San Manuel policies and procedures. Oversees all day-to-day department-related operations including retail receiving, fulfillment, compliance, accounting, vendor selection and management and strong Warehouse collaboration.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
Ten (10) years of experience in retail management required.
Must have hands-on knowledge of retail systems as well as human resources best practices and operations.
Must have experience managing large amounts of inventory.
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point is necessary.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise's insurance carrier.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.