Director, Academic Administrator
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Pennsylvania State University
The SSRI Director reports to the Senior Vice President for Research who oversees State research--currently exceeding $968 million annually. The Director's responsibilities include:
- advancing a vision for State's social and behavioral sciences, university-wide leadership, and catalyzing translational research excellence at the interfaces of the social and behavioral science and other science disciplines
- building interdisciplinary collaborations across the social and behavioral sciences and beyond including by developing policies and incentives for faculty engagement and creating an atmosphere of inclusion of diverse expertise and perspectives
- chairing SSRI's Executive and Steering Committees, which advise on SSRI investments, policies, and programs
- chairing the SSRI Deans, Associate Research Deans, and Department Head Advisory Committees, which provide input and insights on both strategic and operational matters
- identifying new funding opportunities
- promoting interdisciplinary, collaborative, and translational research through seed funding and research infrastructure support
- serving as a liaison between the University's social and behavioral science research initiatives and state, national, and international organizations
The successful candidate will be an international leader in the social and behavioral sciences with:
- a strong record of interdisciplinary research accomplishments
- will demonstrate vision and leadership skills necessary to develop and advance new initiatives
- promote ongoing research efforts including translation of research into science-based programs, policies, and practices
- recognize opportunities for promoting and advancing State's land grant mission.
- Candidates must have credentials appropriate for a tenured professor in an appropriate college.
- The successful candidate must also support maintaining and nurturing an exceptional work environment.