Director, Online Programs
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Northwestern University
The Director, Online Programs routinely interfaces with executive corporate clients, senior university faculty, Executive Education staff, other Executive Education professionals, and Online Program Management partners and contractors in the design, development and delivery of premier executive education online programs for the School of Management. The Director, Online Programs leads the development and delivery of custom and open enrollment online programs for domestic or international, corporate clients, professional associations and university-based programs.
Additionally, the Director, Online Programs directly supports faculty Academic Directors or Senior Program Directors in the design and delivery of hybrid elements of custom programs for strategic partners, top tier corporate clients, highly complex programs and multi-module programs.
While primarily focused on the development and delivery of online executive education programs, the Director, Online Programs will provide expertise and support to other executive education program related initiatives as required.
- Responsible for the overall design and experience architecture of the online program; ensures the program design meets clients learning needs and objectives.
- Interacts in a leading or supporting role with corporate, professional association or university-based clients seeking online custom executive education programs. Frequently interfaces with C-suite executives, senior level Human Resource (HR) and Learning and Development (L&D) executives or senior client sponsors.
- Interprets and translates client learning needs into specific learning objectives for customized online programs.
- Is highly knowledgeable of faculty expertise; collaborates with numerous and University faculty to align subject matter expertise with clients learning needs and objectives. Provides guidance to faculty on the selection and online design of cases, assignments and other program related materials.
- Prepares executive guest speakers and practitioners for teaching, speaking or participation in interviews to maximize connection with online executive education program audiences.
- Collaborates with Business Development Team on the development of client proposals, contractual arrangements and relationship management.
- Provides faculty with company, organization and participant profiles to help them prepare for and connect with various executive audiences.
- Leads or supports overall online program delivery; routinely coordinates with clients, faculty, Online Program Management partners, and the Executive Education Assistant Director, Online Programs and Program Managers.
- Assures high visibility interaction with executive level program sponsors. Builds infrastructure that engages participants through regular interactions with faculty and program facilitators. Shapes participants expectations through clear articulation of program outcomes, schedules, faculty and assignments.
- Develops and delivers high quality presentations to support online program delivery, typically via video- and tele-conferencing.
- Collaborates with Online Program Management partners, the Assistant Director, Online Programs and Program Manager to ensure high quality program delivery and a world-class learning experience.
- Responsible for communication with faculty regarding the program's audience to ensure relevance of topics delivered in live online sessions.
- Provides leadership and represents University in online program activities such as orientations and live sessions with executive education sponsors and online participants, including those planned and delivered by Online Program Management partners.
Post Program and Continuous Improvement
- Oversees post online program After Action Reviews (AARs) and reviews online program evaluations and feedback with the client in a timely manner.
- Shares online participant feedback with the faculty in a timely manner.
- Identifies online program modifications of experience design, content, and facilitation to enhance future iterations of the program.
- Interprets program evaluations and feedback, including identifying ways to improve other Kellogg online programs
- Researches and assesses external executive development resources such as design techniques, learning technologies, assessments, and tools to enhance the online experience.
- Stays current with changes in the executive education industry and adult online learning.
- Benchmarks online executive education competitors.
- Researches and identifies potential topics, guest faculty, and other program resources to enhance the online experience.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Executive Education and Senior Director, Online programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in executive development or related field.
- Familiarity with business education, online learning, corporate training and development, or the equivalent.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to develop and deliver educational programs in an online learning environment.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, decision making skills, organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, ability to work independently and in a team.