Director, Emerging Retail Partnerships
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by NPD Group
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Retail team will report directly to the VP, Retail Business Group and work closely with the SVP, Retail Product and broader organization. If you enjoy working with your internal peers & external clients this job is for you.
The Director will be responsible for the strategic and tactical direction for your targeted prospects, developing relationships with key retail targets leading to long term partnerships and revenue generation. You will interact closely with senior management and cross-functional groups including Client Development Team, Product Management, and Research Science to achieve objectives. Focus areas include: supporting the broader organization to prove out the value of data sharing, helping to secure data sharing with existing clients as well as prospecting against pureplay DTC and emerging retail models.
- Grow and develop executive level relationships to ensure that is positioned to gain data sharing cooperation among targeted base (including DTC pureplay, existing manufacturer partners, emerging retail models).
- Leverage sales and partnership skills, prior retail experiences, and gained knowledge of core competencies data asset applications to build deeper relationships with assigned client group for insight into specific, high value-add business opportunities.
- Establish and deliver on joint account objectives and strategies.
- Build out an playbook of strategies for negotiation, set negotiation guidelines for corporate use, enforce consistency across Globally. These should balance maximizing profitability and long term health.
- Deepen (prospective) client satisfaction by managing relationships, delivering insights and recommendations and building a reputation for excellence.
- Align service and product offerings with client needs through conversations with clients at meetings, industry conferences, and events and through development and delivery of presentations, briefings, and proposals.
- Proactively develop new customer contacts, conduct strategic calls, collaborate with internal resources to, generate leads, secure meetings and deliver proposals.
- Fulfill internal financial and administrative requirements pertaining to budgets and forecasts
- Prepare customized sales presentations; apply knowledge of information to demonstrate measurable business results.
- Identify common themes from clients to assist in the development of new products.
- Identify and develop strategies to support revenue and sales growth.
- Bachelor degree
- 8+ years of Account Management or Retail Merchandising experience with a retailer or manufacturer, preferably in General Merchandise.
- Deep understanding of the value of data services and data sharing to drive business insights, especially in a retail environment.
- Experience with digital services such as e-commerce, m-commerce, or digital merchandizing.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding goals and developing trusted partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage resources to tailor positioning to each prospective clients needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep relationships with C-Suite level clients
- Experience within client services, account management or sales with the ability generate ideas and effectively sell those ideas. Deep understanding of how point-of-sale scanner data and other data assets can be used to identify business building opportunities for retailers.
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights using all NPD and available external data sources and present them in a meaningful, compelling way.
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
- Experience in outbound prospecting and closing of new business preferred. Demonstrated success in contract negotiations.
- Ability to travel about 15% - 25%