Vice President, Application Support
Posted on Apr 5, 2021 by Omega Performance
In this role you will Lead the global Application Production Support team which is part of the Technology Group within the MIS and will lead the development and implementation of a modern Application Support & operations journey for Investor Services (MIS).
A successful candidate will be accountable for managing the overall quality and timely delivery of application support services; improve stability & availability through automation and monitoring.
The role will also be responsible for analyzing current global IT support organizations and identify inefficiencies that can be addressed or eliminated using automation and proactive monitoring. You will be also responsible for implementing Kanban and managing and driving the team which is based globally and supporting business in all Major Geographies.
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Application Support transformation strategy and lead the work to implement across MIS
- Lead a team responsible for all Application Support & operations across application and tech ecosystem
- Ability to support multiple lines of businesses or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) technologies at global level with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility.
- Provide organization, mentorship, and oversight for establishing and maintaining principles, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability
- Manage and control costs associated with support, managing and onboarding new applications while growing the value of the support to the organization.
- Work closely with business and technology colleagues to create services built using modern, consumer focused solutions driving reductions in FCI's.
- Manage Global Teams, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure services are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Communicate events and their impact to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership and drive their tactical and long-term resolutions.
- Lead coordination with the Service Desk to establish best practices, improve performance of incident handling and request fulfillment activities.
- Champion the "target state" application support model and drive toward its realization.
- Develop and manage a high performing and empowered team(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide thought leadership in proper implementation of processes and tools that best align with the organization's strategic objectives.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- 8-10 years of Application Support and Development experience (strategy, governance, management, quality, Automation and Monitoring etc.) and at least 3-5 years of Support focused leadership position.
- Demonstrated Technology driven operations in the Financial Services industry
- Advanced experience with the major APM products available in the market.
- Advanced expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to build, lead, influence and motivate teams through times of change
- Excellent communication skills with respect to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrates high EQ and self-awareness. Inspires teams to engage, innovate and deliver
- Passion for end to end solutions and delighting the end user through effective listening and expectation management