User Experience Designer (Consumer)
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Fifth Third Bank
The User Experience Designer will work closely across the Digital & Marketing organization and collaborate with the Lines of Business and cross-functional partners to bring the digital future of Fifth Third Bank to life. This position is a key member of our Consumer User Experience team to ensure our experiences are intuitive and engaging for users, across devices. This includes facilitating a user-centered discovery process, as well as creating information architecture, design concepts and prototypes that deliver on our Universal Experience Principles, providing valuable solutions to our customers.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Banks risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with user experience team members to research, concept and design intuitive experiences that simplify complex functionality.
- Help facilitate collaborative working sessions within an agile environment, such as design thinking, story mapping and design sprints.
- Create recommendations in the form of site maps, user flows, wireframes and interaction-based prototypes for project initiatives.
- Support user research activities, including usability testing, heuristic evaluations and user interviews.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to advocate user needs, as well as understand business goals and technical capabilities, to move forward customer centric strategies.
- Work with development through implementation to ensure the desired user experience is carried through.
- Ideal candidate for this role is highly encouraged to find ways to cultivate and share knowledge and best practices with peers and collaborators.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Required:
- BA or Certification in Design, with concentration in Experience Design, User Experience, Interaction Design or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a field that directly or readily translates to the responsibilities of this role
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a professional caliber of a skill related to the function of this role
- Ability to own and articulate design decisions
- Basic understanding of agile product development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure and/or training in Design Thinking principles and methodologies is advantageous
- Identifies new opportunities by creating bonds of trust with team members, customers, and clients.
- Identifies opportunities for necessary/impactful changes and actively drives appropriate designs.
- Mentors across team in development and technical skills, as well as, Design & Innovation methods.
- Demonstrates passion and focus on the total holistic customer experience, including all five senses.
- Works iteratively. Decides and acts appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain. Makes small informed decisions and course correct as a result of feedback to those decisions.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Photoshop
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Expertise in usability, accessibility and responsive design best practices