Director, Colleague Advisory
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Macy's
Responsible for overall management of Advisors performing tasks related to providing advice and guidance around performance management to People Leaders and Colleagues' related to performance and conduct matters. Oversees Advisor investigations involving alleged colleague misconduct and policy violations. Serves as the primary business liaison/Colleague Advisory Partner (CAP) for a specific HRBP to troubleshoot critical situations and or support other business needs requiring a swift intervention, including but not limited to natural disasters, civil disturbance disruptions, communicable disease outbreaks, and other types of crisis situations as the need arises.
Position can be located anywhere in the United States with primary work conducted virtually with the periodic need, (minimum quarterly) to travel to locations for meetings, investigations and other Colleague Advisory work as needed.
- Lead team of Advisors ensuring performance management, conduct and policy violation cases are administered and executed within established service level agreements. Delivering high levels of customer service providing thorough, detailed review of cases and providing swift resolution.
- Review Advisor scorecard metrics and coach performance to ensure highest quality of advice, counsel and swift resolution is provided to People Leaders.
- Review and identify case management and workflow system opportunities. Drive execution and implementation of identified opportunities.
- Drive departmental collaboration with Director peers, HRBPs and Center of Excellence (COE) stakeholders through trend reporting and gathering feedback.
- Support the legal team on litigation and/or arbitration needs.
- Work closely with business functions to determine best practices and opportunities in support of Colleague Advisory goals and special initiatives.
- Actively seek new opportunities to heighten Colleague Advisory awareness, impact utilization, and drive on-going integration into the Macy's culture.
- Manage direct reports and other team leaders in day-to-day operations, seeking new and better ways to perform work.
- Serve as assigned business function relationship manager for HRBP day to day case consultation.
- Conduct in depth quarterly Colleague Advisory case reviews with HRBPs and discuss trends, patterns and themes to identify areas of improvement. This specifically relates to People Leader behavior, Advisor case utilization and work environment case trends identified through colleague cases surfacing issues in the workplace.
- Performs complex case (sexual harassment, retaliation, profiling) investigations as needed.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree and/or 5 or more years in employee relations experience investigating and resolving issues. Good knowledge of company human resources policy and federal, state and local regulations governing wage and hour, accommodations, etc. Proven experience in leading a team. Demonstrated experience in managing relationships to influence results. Prior experience managing at least more than one direct report required. Prior experience in conflict management, negotiating and conducting internal investigations preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret complex documents including reports, procedures, and legal documentation.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have above average mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability in managing relationships at all levels of an organization. Ability to apply quick, critical thinking and good judgment leading to solid decision making. Active listener with great attention to detail. Ability to piece together complex situations for thorough understanding leading to sound resolution.
- Physical Demands: This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Self-directed in work and approach with a high level of personal confidence and authority. Very strong project and process management skills. Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and details at once. Strong research and networking skills. Highly adaptive with a passion for collaboration, creative problem solving and managing conflict while remaining objective. Strong conflict resolution skills. Ability to work as part of a fast paced highly functional team. General understanding of systems, including Oracle HCM, preferred.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends based on department and store/company needs.