Director, Supply Chain Performance Metrics
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Manheim
We are looking for an experienced leader to provide oversight for the strategy and management of the Enterprise Supply Chain Performance Metrics team. This position will be accountable for providing direction and developing the necessary tools to ensure senior leadership has visibility into agreed upon Enterprise Wide supply chain performance metrics. This leader will partner with all supply chain teams and business partners to translate findings into data-based recommendations that improve Supply Chain operations and efficiencies. Qualified candidate must be able to research and benchmark end to end Supply Chain best practices across industries and develop and implement strategies to optimize operational effectiveness for supply chain (strategic sourcing & operations). Qualified candidates must be able to identify conflicting business practices, including lack of access to data, and be able to design, present and pilot alternative solutions. Additionally, they are expected to keep abreast of current and emerging changes and new functionality, be educated on new products and services, and understand how other customers are using developed performance metrics. This position has a high level of visibility and interaction with senior leadership and a variety of other departments and business functions. The role requires an individual who has experience analyzing and interpreting data in order to recommend impactful and actionable key performance indicators, excellent communication & leadership skills, and the ability to build and manage relationships throughout the organization at all levels.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1.Develops, maintains and implements a multiyear Supply Chain road map, connecting various sources of enterprise wide data, to optimize visibility into enterprise wide supply chain performance metrics. 2.Influences, builds and supports a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and partnership - must demonstrate the ability to influence without authority while selling supply chain ideas to other parties for prioritization.
3.Defines business problems, scopes the analyses and identifies solutions in partnership with supply chain and various other financial and operational teams.
4.Translates analyses into recommendations to improve Supply Chain functions. Leads and supports the measurement and communication of the causal impact of key initiatives on business planning and Supply Chain strategy.
5.Supports the process of continuous operational improvements, industry benchmarking and key performance indicator measurement to increase the effectiveness of the various supply chain functions.
6.Leads and supports the development of supply chain business planning models and analytical tools.
7.Ensure alignment of client issues to the results. Trains team members to identify and translate analytical results into meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations to influence business change. Oversees the development of effective presentations and documents that clearly communicate results that align with business issues and challenges. Communicates complex information in a simple clear and concise way. Contributes to resolving cross functional implementation issues and challenges.
8.Manages team members. Provides mentorship and guidance to team members. Designs and implements development plans to ensure growth of team members. Develops and implements team vision.
9.Provides technical direction and guidance for team. Develops and mentors team through complex statistical models and quantitative analyses. Guides team on processes for selecting methods and techniques. Provides guidance and direction for the design and implementation of data collection, cleansing, and validation. Oversees the development of tools, tests, and dashboards to enable implementation of insights. Supports testing, training, and development of new business practices.
- 10 or more years of experience required developing and implementing analytical solutions in Finance, Marketing, Sales, or Supply Chain.
- 5 years of previous experience in a management or leadership capacity; experience managing a technical application development and support resources.
- Advanced analytics and reporting skills
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience with analytical tools such as SAS, R, Tableau, etc. as well as SQL and data manipulation. Excel and ppt.
- Requires extensive teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management skills (prioritization) to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- 3 years of previous experience in project management
- Demonstrated operational, technology, and business analysis expertise
- A self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and relationships independently
- A credible leader with a career history of success and advancement to roles with increased responsibility and scope
- Proven track record for attracting talent and leading a high-performing technical team.
- Ability to influence others to accept recommendations, ideas, solutions, and approaches
- Ability to solve problems that are not clearly defined and that require prior research, investigation and engagement of functional leaders and peers in other areas to define and solve.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other functions, regions and departments within in alignment with values and culture.
- Ability to delegate duties and tasks leveraging the team to deliver assignments and accomplish goals
- Strong communication skills; excellent writing and oral communication skills, with specific expertise in management reporting and executive writing
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Some knowledge of or exposure to supply chain manage and strategic sourcing & procurement
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- BS/BA in quantitative field strongly desired (statistics, QM, Computer Science, Economics, Analytics, etc).
- Advanced degree in Business, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other analysis related fields preferred
- Certification in CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) and/or SAS Foundation Certifications (Certified Base Programmer or Advanced Programmer)
- 5+ years using SAS for modeling and analysis
- Experience within telecom, consumer package goods, retail, financial services, or consulting
- Operational analytics including application for Call Center, Technical Support, Collections and Customer Experience Analytics