Program Manager, Air
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Helen of Troy
Join our Health & Home Team at Helen of Troy as a Program Manager, Air and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands: Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, and PUR. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate peoples lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and youll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
.This position will be based in Marlborough, MA and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.
What you'll be doing:
You will be responsible for owning the successful delivery of projects that drive our strategic direction and goals. You are the multi-functional leader of your program team and you will drive accountability and engage the team to ensure the proper execution of our development objectives. Utilizing risk management techniques, you will equip your team with known issues, identify potential parallel paths, and guide them to address unknown risks in a way that mitigates impact to our time to market and effectively communicates our action plan to the executive leadership team.
- Work closely with a multi-functional global team. Communicate to team effectively on program schedule and progress
- Take a lead role in scheduling and managing the development of new products
- Use New Product Development process to effectively drive program progress
- Drive and maintain multiple program schedules and budgets up to date and report status of projects on a regular basis
- Responsible for technical feasibility assessment, program scoping, and program budget and schedule
- Lead programs and category with innovations
- Will manage others to ensure product documentation and specifications are available to support timely procurement
- Provide technical solutions as needed and conduct design reviews
- Maintain readily-accessible Project History Files
- Limited international travel is required up to 10%
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Possess pro-active attitude and provide leadership, project management and teamwork skills to interact with a multi-functional distributed team and direct them in achieving assigned goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize different projects while remaining flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated delivery of projects within budget and schedule constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to direct/devise engineering tests, if needed
- Solid interpersonal skills including ability to provide concise and accurate direction on projects
- Ability to identify issues, assess technical and project alternatives and risks, and implement solutions while keeping the projects on track
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience managing projects; consumer products or small appliance industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Basic knowledge of injection molding
- Working knowledge of small appliance manufacturing, preferably in Asia and/or Mexico
- Basic understanding of UL, CSA, and European compliance requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project
- Authorized to work in the United States on a Full time basis
- Medical device experience
- Working experience of electrical or electronic field; having a basic mechanical and electrical knowledge of common consumer products such as Fans, Humidifiers and Electric Heaters
- Knowledge of EPA, FDA, ISO 13485, and DHF requirements for 510k exempt medical devices
- CAD experience
- PMP certification
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If youre eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.