General Manager, On Demand Storage (Door-to-Door)
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We've built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We've raised $ 300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, were fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, weve focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but well always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
Clutter is looking for an entrepreneurial, results-driven General Manager to lead Clutter's On Demand Storage (Door-to-Door) business vertical. Clutter has expanded the Door-to-Door storage business to 1,400 cities across the country with ambitious plans to enter into new markets, and continue testing innovative product and service ideas that will increase our customer base and revenue.
The GM, On Demand Storage will own and expand the business while delivering strong P&L results. They will discover and implement new ways to grow this successful vertical and leverage the Clutter network to benefit the business holistically. To do this, the GM, On Demand Storage will test and iterate different services and products with the goal of finding efficient and scalable ways of providing an exceptional customer experience. They will also be responsible for setting budgets, managing operational costs, engaging with suppliers, and monitoring financial activities.
This is a very unique and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead one of Clutter's most important strategic initiatives through its next phase of expansion.
What you'll do:
- Scale and expand the vision of Clutter's On Demand Storage (Door-to-Door) business as we continue to expand our footprint
- Experiment and test new service offerings using a data-driven approach and marketplace knowledge
- Execute product tests and pilots on the ground, refining as needed
- Own and analyze your P&L to identify cost drivers and revenue streams, while optimizing for long term growth
- Obsess over building systems and processes to drive efficiencies across the On Demand Storage (Door-to-Door) network
- Work closely with Finance & Accounting to assist in budget preparation and expense management activities
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal cross-functional teams including Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, Finance, and People teams to deliver P&L results
- Set, monitor, and report on key results on a regular basis and strive for continuous improvement across the board
What were looking for:
- Desire to be scrappy and continuously strive to do more with less
- Ownership mentality and propensity to take responsibility for key outcomes
- Ability to evaluate problems using a longer time horizon and not sacrifice long-term value for short-term results
- Strong work ethic and drive to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong bias for action and ability to produce high-quality results in ambiguous situations with limited input
- Leverage data and creative problem solving to solve difficult or complex challenges
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree from top university, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of previous experience, including previous experience in a similar role and/or background in management consulting/investment banking
- Obsession with continuously improving the customer experience both digitally and physically
- Demonstrable skills working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.