Product Director, Launch Platform
Posted on Apr 6, 2021 by Nike International
Our Core Commerce Team is looking for a Product Director who will lead the creation, improvement and growth of premier digital experiences. We need a leader who will help define and execute the product vision and strategy, manage the end-to-end lifecycle of a product, and help identify market opportunities. This person will define and execute a detailed roadmap and product priorities based on a strong understanding of consumer needs, insights and an even stronger handle on in-depth data analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The Launch Platform team defines, prioritizes and delivers features and capabilities that power Nike high-heat products launch experiences such as SNKRS, Nike App, Nike.com. We successfully and consistently handle wall traffic of unprecedented levels, while delivering frictionless and transparent user experience. We work with every digital experience and service partner throughout the Nike ecosystem to ensure that their systems are capable of scaling to the level of high heat launches we serve. We solve problems with consumer fairness and bot defenses. We drive innovative engaging user experiences across digital and retail ecosystems for all Nike high heat products.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As the Product Director for the Launch Platform team, you will be a leader who optimally prioritizes resources to achieve business objectives. By leading through influence, you will partner with executives across multiple functions to develop a cohesive product strategy, product roadmap, and ensure successful business outcomes. Above all, you will embody the principles of product management while being a constant champion for our consumers.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Leadership: Set the strategic direction for Nike high heat product experiences while developing a product roadmap focusing on building launch platform capabilities in partnership with every E-commerce product and engineering team, launch consumer experiences teams (SNKRS, Nike App, Nike.com) and broader Nike business stakeholders.
- Management: Lead multiple product pods each composed of multidisciplinary teams, with direct management over multiple product managers at all levels. Enable teams to be successful by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the organization.
- Product strategy and vision: Build and effectively champion a data-driven and market-informed product vision and strategy that works in concert with the greater Nike strategy. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Product roadmap definition: Develop a product feature and release roadmap based on business targets, security threats, engineering feasibility, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of existing and nascent bot threats facing Nike.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft project plans based on priorities, setting clear/measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business and security goals
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product management; strong technical or engineering background is required
- Minimum 2-3 years of designing, launching and running successful very high-scale web, mobile or E-commerce platform in production is required
- Understanding of challenges when working with bot traffic, wall traffic and scaling microservices
- Ability to build product deliverables such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications
- Ability to train and motivate product teams of varying levels of experience
- History of developing and growing product management talent through challenging situations
- Experience leading priorities with third party vendors and key partners. Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
- Previous start-up experience a strong plus
- BA/BS degree required; MBA is preferred