Associate Scientist, R&D
Posted on Apr 18, 2021 by Firmenich
- Independently perform cellular and molecular assays relevant to the discovery of skin-microbiome modulating properties and/or cosmetics benefits of Firmenich ingredients
- Analyze and document data
- Participate in data interpretation, supporting line manager with numerical and graphical material.
- Identify technical problems, analyze possible causes and suggest remediation/improvements in methods, techniques and equipment
- Manages stock of supplies & raw material at laboratory level and maintain clean and well-organized laboratory/workplace
- Assure compliance to HS&E procedures and proactively contribute to the improvement of lab safety standards
- Maintain awareness of technologies and issues affecting own job
- BSc or MSc in microbiology, or molecular biology, or cellular biology
- Minimum five years in a similar position. Previous experience in an industrial setting is a plus
- Familiar with standard microbiology (bacterial growth, isolation, plating, counting etc.), molecular (cloning, PCR/qPCR/RT-PCR, etc.) and cellular biology techniques (tissue culture, ELISA, etc.).
- Willingness to learn new methods and technologies
- Competency in the analysis of nucleic acid sequencing data, including use of databases and public data repositories for gene and protein similarity searches (NCBI, GenProt etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Energetic and results-oriented scientists with track record of success
- Effective organization and excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning new things
- Great attention to safety regulations and guidelines
- Flexibility, multitasking and team work
- The ability to be a part of a highly creative and imaginative team in an incredibly competitive and inspiring industry
- A fast-paced environment surrounded by some of the biggest talents and brands in the beauty and fragrance industries
- Learn how to understand consumers and how to meet their needs effectively
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly.
We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!