Posted on May 4, 2021 by West Fraser, Inc
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America and the largest softwood lumber producer globally!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
*BENEFITS START DAY 1*
- Maintaining safe work areas, collecting debris, and disposing of sawdust and dropped lumber in assigned areas
- Cleaning industrial equipment and workstations
- Relieving production positions; operating various light and heavy industrial machinery
- Showing a willingness and flexibility to perform various job assignments that may change daily
- Supporting our culture of safety by adhering to mill safety policies and procedures at all times
Required skills and experience include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures in loud, high volume environments performing physical tasks throughout the shift
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which includes walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with West Fraser safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and support our team culture, communicating effectively with all team members
- Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, drug screen test, and physical
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations, and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
Please attach your resume to your online profile.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace