Maintenance Technician - Hiring Now!
Posted on May 4, 2021 by West Fraser, Inc
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Millwright position is a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, and predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the mill.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb tools
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
Required skills and experience include:
- Must have cutting torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must be safety oriented and comply with ZES
- Must have 3 years' millwright work experience in industrial/Manufacturing environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which include walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and working from elevation and in tight spaces
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Able to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions in a loud, high volume environment while performing physical tasks throughout the shift
- Available to work rotating shifts, overtime, weekends, holidays and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
Our highly competitive compensation package includes competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW).Behaviors Preferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks