Posted on May 4, 2021 by West Fraser, Inc
Entry Level - $14.41/hour
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a competitive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401-K savings plans with company match, and vacation.
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Operator Apprentice position is an entry level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
Entry level responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining safe work areas, collecting debris and disposing of sawdust and dropped lumber in assigned areas
- Cleaning industrial equipment and workstations
- Relieving production positions; operating various light and heavy industrial machinery
- Showing a willingness and flexibility to perform various job assignments that may change daily
- Supporting our culture of safety by adhering to mill safety policies and procedures at all times
Required skills and experience include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures in loud, high volume environments performing physical tasks throughout the shift
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which includes walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with West Fraser safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and support our team culture, communicating effectively with all team members
- Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays and weekends
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, drug screen test and physical
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)Education Required
- GED or better
- High School or better
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe