Industrial Maintenance Technician
Posted on May 4, 2021 by West Fraser, Inc
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America and the largest softwood lumber producer globally!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge to maintaining industrial machinery, conveyors and mechanical systems associated with manufacturing of forestry products. Preventive and predictive maintenance practices and zone based maintenance are an integral part of our Maintenance program. This role offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our Maintenance team.
**BENEFITS START DAY 1!**
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment to include conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high pressure situations
- Possess basic understanding in line ups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, machine centers
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have minimum 3 years verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have welding experience (GMAW and SMAW)
- Must have cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within.
Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
- Whitehouse, FL, United States
Must successfully complete a skills assessment, pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check and background check
Physical location: 109 Halsema Road, S., Jacksonville, Florida 32220
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquires, please. Please attach your resume to your online profile.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)