Body Subsystem Validation Engineer & SW Automation Scripter
Posted on May 4, 2021 by General Motors
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The subsystem validation engineer is responsible for the development execution of electrical subsystem test plans at bench and vehicle level. Analyzing and documenting data from tests and participate in test procedure reviews. Writing up the failure information utilizing CRs or PRTS issue tracking tools. Determination of the scope of testing through reviewing RPOs and running calibration comparisons between programs. In addition, responsible to identify sections of the test procedures that can be automated and write scripts using high level language/Python to improve our process efficiency. 25% of job will be supporting scripting using GM ATTS tool and bench integration work with scripting.
Additional Job Description
- Develop Plans and Schedules
- Prepare & Conduct test; Report analysis development and validation status Support Quality Processes; Capture and Submit Best Practices, Lessons Learned and customer surveys
- Manual Validation of different electrical subsystems such as GM Maven car share/virtual key, exterior lighting, trailer interface module, power windows, wash wipe on system bench and in vehicle using Intrepid NeoVI tool.
- Development of Macros using Visual Basic/Excel for post CAN data analysis and manipulation
- Development of SW Script Development/ High level language/Python to automate portions of our test procedures such as car share/virtual key, power windows or power sunroof
- Timely analysis of Sub System Technical Specifications and Electrical Schematics of different Subsystems to make sure functionality is as expected
- Perform different diagnostics operations such as read DID, read PID and read DTC as required
- Flashing the Vehicle Electronic Control Modules such as Body Control Module and Virtual Key Module Responsible for building Vehicle archive by selecting respective Electrical calibrations for different Vehicle Programs
- Development and execution of Electrical Subsystem/System Test Plans at bench and Vehicle level
- Communication, coordination and consulting with engineering departments and Suppliers and attending all required meetings
- Writing Change Requests (CRS) for any Change required in a Subsystem to improve its functionality
- Analyzing and documenting data from tests and participate in Test procedure reviews
- Manage Export validation activities in foreign countries with local partners
- Analyzes and interprets resulting data from tests (determines data anomalies); Maintains frequent communication with DRE and customers
- Prepares formal written test reports
- Frequent contact with others outside of work groups
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 5 years minimum related Validation experience
- Basic automotive knowledge, basic engineering principals, entire engineering structure (who does what); validation process;
- 2 years of experience with Intrepid NeoVI Spy tool/ Vector Canalyzer Tool; Good knowledge of vehicle CAN communication protocol
- Preferred 2 years Visual Basic/Excel Macro experience for post CAN data analysis and manipulation
- 2 years of experience in developing validation procedures through utilization of requirements documentation
- Preferred experience with SW Script Development/ ATTS/ Android Debugger Tool/ High level language/Python
- Validation Apprentice Certification;PRTS, E-squared;
- Good problem-solving skills; action oriented and self-motivated;
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.