Calibration Engineer - Connectivity
Posted on May 4, 2021 by General Motors
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Telematics is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry. Become a part of this industry-disrupting and cutting-edge field! We are looking for new and creative team members who want to craft the future!
In this role, you'll become part of a fast-moving team, and will be responsible for leading the software development of a global telematics module. In this role, you'll be spending most of your time providing problem resolutions & tracking systems (PRTS). While much of the software is written by the supplier, some code is written internally by GM. You'll interface with these groups and lead issue resolution in order for the product to meet the release timing schedule in support of global vehicle launches. You'll work with the software developers to resolve any issues that prevent the module from meeting specifications and work closely with all validation teams during the development of this module.
- Lead the resolution of software issues
- Lead software release notes process, and will decide if the software is acceptable to accept, to validate, and ultimately launch for production
- Reviews new Engineering Change Proposals, and helps resolve optimal software design solution
- Run tests on benches and vehicles to duplicate issues and generate test logs
- Verify new software fixes
- Responsible for resolving software bug disposition
- Responsible for insuring validation plans meet program needs
- Handles calibration file updates
- Provides direction to other engineering personnel
- Supports sourcing activities
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related
- 2 years of automotive electrical, electronics or software engineering experience
- Experience with requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- Experience with verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Knowledge of hardware design and failure modes
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and proactivity
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN, or ETHERNET)
- Professional work experience working with automotive infotainment systems in areas such as Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.