Business Development Manager - Airborne Solutions
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos' Airborne Solutions Operation (ASO) is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to manage and grow the United States Army's airborne manned and unmanned portfolio of programs.
The Business Development Manager will actively participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures, proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work with the ASO, and senior Leidos staff to execute program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, manage discretionary investment funds, and build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a business development professional with experience in the Defense Industry, including experience working on full life cycle programs (programs of record experience desired). The primary focus is on airborne systems, including full life cycle systems development, sustainment and operations.
Duties include all phases of customer relationships, business development, and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases. Individual will be an integral part of the ASO team, supporting proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives. Individual will identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
Required expertise includes: US Army aviation capabilities and systems; technologies and operations; and full life cycle operations and sustainment.
- Develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities.
- Work with line management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture.
- Work with the ASO team to develop and execute capture plans during all phases of business development.
- Identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years' relevant experience or a Master's degree with 10+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS Clearance required.
- Extensive Industry or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working business development activities in support of manned and unmanned aerial programs.
- Proven capture and proposal experience, preferably for aviation programs and including programs valued at $50M+.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience and contacts with manned and unmanned aerial systems domain.
- Business development with US Army and International Partner Nations.
- Formal capture and proposal writing training (desired).
- Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets.
- Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels, to include executive/CEO.
- Knowledge and experience with program management, program planning and execution, and systems engineering.
External Referral Bonus: Ineligible Potential for Telework: Yes, 25% Clearance Level Required: Top Secret Travel: Yes, 25% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Business Development Pay Range: