Posted on May 4, 2021 by SelectQuote
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote's success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Under general supervision, the Payroll Administrator plans, coordinates, and administers the Company's day-to-day payroll activities along with other members on the payroll team. This position serves as administrator for the Company's payroll system by coordinating and processing semi-monthly payroll and various types of scheduled and off-cycle bonuses. This position also updates and maintains employee information in the payroll system, receives and processes payroll changes and requests, compiles payroll data and prepares related reports, and performs other duties in support of the Accounting, Finance and HR Departments.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and administers the Company's multi-state payroll activities in accordance with Company policies and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Coordinates and processes semi-monthly payroll, quarterly and monthly sales bonuses, Corporate bonuses, merit increases, and final paychecks
- Administers and maintains the Company's payroll system; monitors and ensures valid data transfers to and from timekeeping system to payroll system
- Inputs, updates, and maintains various types of payroll data including but not limited to new hires, payroll deductions, wage increases, promotions, bonuses, paid time off, leaves of absence, and terminations; tracks and deducts garnishment and other special payroll deductions; reviews and monitors data for accuracy; ensures employee changes are entered correctly and processed in a timely manner
- Responds to various types of payroll related inquiries from employees and managers including but not limited to regular wages, bonuses, voluntary and involuntary deductions, paid time off, accrual balances, timekeeping, wage statements, W-2's, and payroll system access issues
- Compiles, generates, and/or analyzes payroll data as required for new hire/termination reports, payroll tax reporting, insurance deductions, 401(k) contributions, workers' compensation reporting, ACA reporting, total compensation statements, and ad hoc requests
- Receives and responds to requests for verification of employment (VOE); processes, completes, and submits unemployment and disability claim forms via mail or online
- Addresses W-2 wage and 1095-C inquiries from employees
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current federal, state, and local payroll regulations and requirements.
- Multi-state payroll processes and procedures.
- Working with sales commissions
- Payroll reporting and records maintenance requirements.
- Current ACA regulations in relation to employer tracking and reporting.
- Multi-state taxation
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) at an intermediate level; Google Apps is highly desired
- Accounting experience is preferred
Required Skills In:
- Providing exceptional customer service to departments, managers, and employees across our locations
- Effectively prioritizing and maintaining attention to detail within a fast-paced environment
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Accurately processing regular payroll, bonuses, pay increases, and final pay in a timely manner
- Monitoring and staying up to date regarding multi-state payroll laws
- Accurately inputting, updating, and maintaining payroll data and employee information in the Company's payroll (HRIS) system
- Compiling / extracting data and generating a variety of regular and ad hoc payroll reports.
- Working independently and collaboratively with other members of the Payroll and Accounting teams
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Minimum of 2 years of multi-state payroll experience
- Previous experience processing payroll using Ultimate UltiPro software and Kronos timekeeping is desired
It's an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.