Director of Home Health and Hospice
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Mercy Medical Center Redding
For more than 70 years, Mercy Medical Center Redding has offered comprehensive health care in the North State, providing acute care and a full range of medical services. The 267-bed hospital offers major medical services including a Level II Trauma Center as well as specialized Cardiovascular Care, Stroke Care, Orthopedics, Neurological Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Care, Maternity Care, and da Vinci Robotic Surgery. It is the sole provider of obstetrical services, along with the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Shasta County. In addition, the hospital's network of care includes Mercy Home Health and Hospice and Dignity Health Connected Living. Mercy Medical Center Redding is a member of the Dignity Health system and is a sister facility to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. As one of the area's largest non-profit employers, we are proud to give back to the community by providing many programs and services to benefit overall health.
Visit to learn more
Provides quality home health and hospice services to the community. Develops and markets new programs. Is accountable for strategic and tactical planning and the operation and integration of the assigned region-wide services.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with other Directors and Supervisors to support the hospital's role as a community health service provider and to further the goal of becoming the preeminent healthcare delivery system.
- Maintains a positive fiscal stature by ensuring maximum reimbursement from Medicare and third-party payers.
- Ensures departmental compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and The Joint Commission requirements. Ensures that performance and quality standards are in place and continuously monitors this performance for respective area of responsibility.
- Ensures the provision of quality services through the selection and development of a staff that supports current needs as well as future growth. Establishes and ensures compliance with productivity standards to expedite the effective operation and improvement of the units supervised.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing, healthcare-related field or business or seven (7) years of related job or industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of health service administration management experience in home care or a related health care program.