Medical Lab Technician
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI St. Joseph College Station Hospital
CHI St. Joseph Health
Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities of Bryan, College Station, Brenham, Hearne, Navasota, Caldwell, and Madisonville. With the area's only Level II Trauma Center, the first Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley, CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system, CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers, including primary care physicians, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians. Our network includes more than 30 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care, a freestanding Emergency Room, Express Clinics, and imaging and diagnostic services. As an active member of the Brazos Valley, CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in providing compassionate care and addressing the overall health of the community. We continuously work to assess unique needs and create plans that respond to those needs to build a healthier community.
*** $10,000 Sign-On Bonus and up to $5,000 relocation assistance available. ***
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
* Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
* Flexible spending accounts
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Matching Retirement Programs
* Wellness Programs
Additional benefits we offer to support our caregivers (in effect until June 30, 2021):
* PTO/Vacation maximum accrual waived for employees who are providing direct patient care and may not be able to take time off because of the COVID-19 crisis.
* Coverage of health care benefit premiums for eligible employees whose income drops below 90% of their pay (based on their FTE) and PTO/Vacation bank drops below 60 hours.
* Paid administrative leave support for employees who experience a work-related exposure to COVID-19.
* Access to EIB/Sick bank(s) and/or employer-paid short-term disability benefits due to non-work-related COVID-19 exposure.
* Rapid assistance with unemployment compensation administrative support where needed.
As a Medical Lab Technician you will be responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician. Performs clinical testing in any or all of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, chemistry, coagulation, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and urinalysis. The technologist works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines.
Required: Formal training
Required: Clinical Laboratory Sciences
Required: One to two years
Required: MLT (ASCP), or CLT (NCA) certification and licensure
related skills: Lab, ASCP, MLT, MT, Med Tech, Med Technologist, MLS, Medical Lab Technician, Generalist, LIS, hospital, compassion, patience, kindness, respect, texasmt, #LABTEXAS, mclabtexas, labtexas
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.