Lab Assistant Indianola Clinic PRN
Posted on May 4, 2021 by MercyOne
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne's Indianola Clinic is looking for PRN Lab Assistants to join their team! This is a great opportunity for anyone intersted in getting your foot in the door in the healthcare field.
What you'll Do:
- Clean, disinfect and maintain cleanrooms and equipment.
- Assist lab technicians in loading and unloading specimens on analyzers.
- Assist with receipt and inspection of raw materials.
- Store samples in storage racks when completed.
- Stock materials and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MercyOne Des Moines provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Whether you are an experienced Lab Assistant 'who's seen it all' or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join MercyOne Des Moines today and experience MercyOne with us!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.