LOA Intake Specialist
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CSH System Office Support Ctrs
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The primary focus of this role is to staff of the Leave of Absence contact center and the initiation of leaves of absence to include continuous and intermittent family medical leave and company policy leaves. This position will exist to set up leave of absence cases, to send eligibility notifications ensuring legal compliance with state or federal obligations, and to answer general HR questions related to payroll, policies and processes.
- Responsible for telephonic intake of all leave requests using the Case Management tool in support centralized leave management for employees, including but not limited to the following: explains the Leave of Absence process; obtains/corrects/updates all information to open a leave case; determines and sends all eligibility notifications; and fully utilizes all Case Management technology functionality, while the employee is on the telephone.
- Call Center Operations: Answers incoming calls to set up leaves of absence as part of the Intake team; provides exemplary service in both quality and quantity, to employees and others in the organization starting or inquiring about leaves of absence; and performs outbound call backs as required and on rotation.
- Claim Set up: Opens the claim; determines eligibility; sends all notifications; validates whether the request is a new claim or an extension of an existing claim; and uses all Case Management features and functionality including notes, new tasks, correction of a personal or employment information if necessary.
- Follow up: reports and follows up on any Case Management issues or problems; and completes the follow up on initial STD intake requests.
*This position does allow for remote work possibility!
- High School Diploma, Minimum One year HR or Leaves experience
- One year experience with disability/leave of absence claims preferred.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict data privacy standards.
- Comfortable working in a high-energy, quickly changing and demanding environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.