Cath Lab Technologist
Posted on May 4, 2021 by CHI St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Campus
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Luke's Health-The Woodlands Hospital offers leading-edge treatments and services to our community in North Harris and Montgomery counties. The Woodlands Hospital provides expertise in a broad range of services, including heart care, neurology, and sports medicine. We have been providing exceptional care to the North Houston community since 2003. As part of the CHI St. Luke's Health system, we can provide all the resources of the world-renowned Texas Medical Center at a convenient location near you. Using the latest technological advances and standard of care, our board-certified medical staff, expert nurses, and allied health professionals provide compassionate and comprehensive care in inpatient and outpatient settings. The Woodlands Hospital's clinical affiliations include Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Heart Institute, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center and Texas Children's Hospital.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
- Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
- Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Additional benefits we offer to support our caregivers (in effect until June 30, 2021):
- PTO/Vacation maximum accrual waived for employees who are providing direct patient care and may not be able to take time off because of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Coverage of health care benefit premiums for eligible employees whose income drops below 90% of their pay (based on their FTE) and PTO/Vacation bank drops below 60 hours.
- Paid administrative leave support for employees who experience a work-related exposure to COVID-19.
- Access to EIB/Sick bank(s) and/or employer-paid short-term disability benefits due to non-work-related COVID-19 exposure.
- Rapid assistance with unemployment compensation administrative support where needed
Working in our fast-moving Cath Lab certainly offers a variety of clinical challenges to Cath Lab Techs 2 who choose this clinical area. We love techs who can wear many hats and think quickly on their feet while providing the best patient care! The Cath Lab Tech Performs duties of circulating, scrub, and monitoring of invasive cardiology procedures. Demonstrates an understanding of all invasive procedures, the equipment and supplies for each procedure, and indications for performing each procedure
If you are ready to start a career with an established team in an organization that understands the importance of your life's calling, it's time to connect with us!
What you'll need:
- Patience and focus to constantly monitor high acuity patients
- Proven ability to think and react quickly in critical situations
- Passion for excellence in delivering quality care to our patients
- Experience with EP, interventional, scrub assist for AAA procedures or radiographic/digital imaging technique
Skills: Cardiac Cath Lab / Cath Lab Procedures / Cardiology / Cardiovascular Procedures / Cardiovascular Surgeries / Cardiovascular Technology / Angioplasty / Electrophysiology / EKG / Open Heart Surgery / Pacemaker / Stent / Surgical Procedures / Cardiovascular / vascular patients / Heart Failure / Heart Disease / IABP / Impellla/ Atherectomy / Mechanical Thrombectomy / ER / Emergency Department / EMT / Critical Care / Intensive Care Unit / High Acuity / Invasive Surgical Care / Trauma / Organ Failure / Planning / Monitoring / Central Line / Medication Management / Collaboration / Physician Relations / Compassion / Patient Education / Caregiver Education / Problem Solving / Fast Pace Environment / Assessment /
Tech 2 Requirements:
- Associates Degree
- Registered as a Radiologic Technologist Radiography (RTR) , Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT)
- 3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.